“Because Life requires movement.”
Chasing and trying to keep up with your grandchildren • Maintaining a meaningful employment • Providing care to your ailing loved ones • Training for that lifelong goal of running a timed race…
Do you identify with any of the above?
Listen, life is more demanding than ever before, but it’s never too late to feel strong and empowered!
We are looking to add energy into your day and help you do all the things you want to do on a daily basis.
Beginning in Fall 2018, CrossFit Torque began offering physical training services specifically to seniors 60 and up. Amanda created the “ForeverFit” program using functional movement principles and focusing on activities of daily living. We have been providing a progressive program that stimulates and increases the independence of our senior population.
Torque ForeverFit is a small specialty group for women and men aged 55+. All levels of fitness experience and abilities are welcome! If you haven’t done anything in over 30 years, not a problem! This class is designed to help keep you moving and help you live your best life!
The term “Functional” and “Functional Fitness” is a common and overused term in the fitness industry today, but we honor its true meaning and take it to a whole new level. The Mayo Clinic defines functional fitness exercises as those that train your muscles to work together and prepare them for daily tasks by simulating common movements you might do at home, at work or in sports. While using various muscles in the upper and lower body at the same time, functional fitness exercises also emphasize core stability. This is spot on!
ForeverFit is a safe and fun way to
- develop your functional strength,
- improve your energy levels,
- increase your coordination and balance (better posture),
- and meet like-minded individuals to share your fitness journey with!
Owner & Head Coach Amanda and Torque’s experienced Staff will help you become more comfortable with different types of weights and exercises, while adapting for old injuries or mobility limitations. Our program is built to provide scaling options to allow an individually beneficial workout. If your goal is to bring all of the groceries in the house in one trip, we can help prepare you!
What does a normal ForeverFit class look like?
- We spend the first few minutes checking in: How is everyone feeling? We jokingly specify “physically”, not mentally 🙂 Any news? Jokes and “antics” typically begin here!
- We warm up. Warm ups vary, but they’re designed to get your heart beating a little faster and the blood circulating throughout your body, and loosen you up – make sure we have good range of motion in those joints we’re about to work out. It could include (but not be limited to): rowing, PVC pipe work, and what we call a dynamic warm-up.
- We work on a movement(s) that helps to increase joint range of motion, build strength and endurance, and help build muscle memory for patterns we like to see occur, specifically in range of motion (for example, reaching overhead).
- We work on “lifting”: medicine balls, barbells, dumbbells, and kettlebells. Light to heavy loads (specific to the individual athlete), low to high reps.
- We do a “workout” that is at a little higher speed/intensity than the other parts of the class. You have a task and a goal….it’s almost like game. We may do several short workouts or one longer workout.
- We rest in between these segments of the class. We encourage staying hydrated and resting as needed.
- Everyone works at their own pace and ability level.
- You will receive constant instruction and supervision. Your safety is our number one priority!
- And…it’s a good time! Everyone participating, including your coaches, look forward to the classes and can’t wait for the next…not what you’d expect from an exercise program.
Studies show that adults 65 years and older who strength trained twice a week had a 46% lower mortality rate and that strength training reduces all causes of death, including cancer and cardiac death.
This six-week program, meeting two times per week, will empower you to learn and perform bone-building movements and safely lift weights so you can continue enjoying a high quality and fulfilled life. It’s never too late to hang with us at CrossFit Torque!
Days & Times: Typically Monday & Wednesday’s from 10-11am. Reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for our next 6-week session!
Cardio for a Strong Healthy Heart
Improve Balance and Coordination
Increase Stamina & Build Strong Bones
“I joined ForeverFit at age 73 (Fall 2018) to improve my balance, cardio and muscle strength. The success I have achieved to date is due to the Coach Amanda’s excellent training. You are very compassionate to my needs and never push me if I have a condition or limitation that prevents performing an exercise. Instead, you offer alternate ways to perform the exercise so “I get the work in”. Lastly, I am never bored with your sessions and look forward to the variety of content.”
“In November of 2018, I had a stroke which affected my equilibrium. Since joining ForeverFit in April 2019, I have actually regained flexibility, strength and balance! Coach Amanda and her coaches are committed to providing personalized, individual instruction — best gym experience ever!”
“ForeverFit has changed my life already [just six weeks into program]! I feel so much better physically and mentally! I feel stronger, my LONG work days are WAY easier, and I am a much nicer person all around (most days!) Plus, my blood pressure has gone from about 180/100 to 115/75! I don’t even know where to start with Coach Amanda! She is Amazing! Fun, knowledgeable, patient – just the best! This class is the nicest gift you can give yourself – just do it!!”
A note from Coach Amanda: Deb is down 12 pounds of body fat in 12 weeks! Because of this, her joints and body feel better!