From Nutrition Coach Jamie, RD
Two Phases of Nutrition Coaching
Nutrition changes do not happen overnight. That is why at Torque, we break up nutrition coaching into two phases.
When you first sign up for nutrition coaching, you start out in Phase 1.
During phase 1 we give you a strong foundation to change your habits.We start with the basics and create some healthier habits.
This allows you to focus on a few steps at a time, and why it’s a twelve week commitment.
After the initial phase, you are taking it to the next level.
This approach takes the pressure off of you to implement such drastic changes in a short period of time.It also allows you to focus on one or two areas at a time, instead of trying to change everything at once.
Here is the breakdown of some things you may work on in Phase I:
- Improving your current habits (Did you know it takes 66 days to form a habit?)
- Reduction of sugar
- Limiting or eliminating sodas
- Limiting or eliminating alcohol
- Taking small steps to improve your current nutrition
- Focusing on whole foods
- Ensuring you have some basic habits:
- Sleep 6+ hours per night
- Take Omegas Daily
- Logging your food
- Drinking 80oz of water per day
- Staying on track
Every client is different so that list may not be exactly the same for you, but the biggest point is to make sure you are getting educated, forming healthy habits, and learning how to make small changes that are sustainable.
Once you have nailed down the simple tasks you are moved into Phase II. Here is the breakdown of some things you may work on in Phase II.
- Navigating menus when eating out
- Learning what moderation is and adhering to it
- Dialing in the details
- Focusing on whole foods within guidelines
- Making changes to food quantities to drive progress or maintenance
- Modifying recipes to be healthier
No matter where you are in your nutrition journey, there is a place for you with specific action steps designed to be simple and effective.
You CAN make life long changes that are easy enough to stick to that also yields results.
-Nutrition Coach Jamie, RD