Nutrition changes do not happen overnight. There is no ‘magic pill’ that taken the night before, will give us the changes we want to see the next morning.
This is why at Torque Health and Fitness, we introduce and implement Nutrition Coaching into two phases.
When first signing up for Torque Nutrition Coaching, you’ll begin in Phase 1, which lasts three months. This will give you a strong foundation to change your habits on (did you know it takes 68 days to form a new habit). It’s long enough to build up new habits, and allow time to focus on a few steps at a time.
After these three months, you’ll transition into Phase II for an indefinite amount of time: Ongoing Nutrition Coaching. Now we take the changes you made in Phase I and up them to the next level. The healthy habits have been built, now we can add to them and challenge yourself.
Starting here takes the pressure off of you to make drastic changes in a short period of time. Instead of trying to change every single part of your Nutrition life, we focus on one or two areas at a time.
Here is a breakdown of some of the Phase I things you may be working on with us:
- Improving current habits – for example reducing sugar, limiting or eliminating sodas, limiting or eliminating alcohol
- Focusing on whole foods
- Focusing on basic habits: sleeping 6.5+ hours per night, logging food / journaling, drinking enough water per day for what your body needs
- Staying on Track
Every client is very different so the examples you see above may not be the same, it’s just a good place to start. The most important piece of the puzzle is we are educating you on proper Nutrition, helping form healthier habits, and supporting you as you learn how to make small changes that are sustainable long term.
The small, simple changes must be mastered before we can move on to Phase II. Below is some insight into what your journey could look like
- Navigating restaurant menus when eating out
- Learning what moderation is and how to adhere to it consistently
- Dialing in the details: back to the whole food guidelines; making adjustments to food quantities based on goals and progress
- Modifying our favorite recipes to be healthier
No matter where you are in your Nutrition Journey, there is a place for you to take specific actionable steps; these steps are simple yet effective.
If you want to make life long changes that produce results let us know. Nutrition is simple, just not always easy without the support and encouragement of a Coach; we would love to work with you.
Click the link below to book a free consultation with our Nutrition Coach & Registered Dietician Jame.