Make it EASY to eat more vegetables in your life! We often are asked by our Nutrition clients how they can get more vegetables into their day. We put together a few steps that work very well in our household.
Make a list of the vegetables you enjoy eating, the ones you think you might enjoy, and the ones you don’t enjoy. Go to the store and buy lots of the ones you do enjoy, and only some of the ones you think you might enjoy. Smile politely as you walk by the ones you don’t enjoy.
After arriving home, let’s get this party started!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 and prepare two cookie sheets each with Reynolds wrap.
2. Get your hands on every vegetable you enjoy eating and can be cooked in the oven. Cut them so they are finger size or smaller and spread out on a cookie sheet. They will cook more evenly in the oven this way.
*Pro tip* put the veggies that take a little longer to cook on the same cookie sheet. This way you can leave this one in the oven longer to make sure fully cooked*
3. Spray Olive Oil to lightly coat the veggies, then add your favorite seasoning. You can go basic with salt and pepper, or our new favorite staple in the house is the Trader Joe’s “Vegan-Less Chicken Seasoning Salt” – it sounds like “hm?” with the word vegan-less, but believe me it’s a delicious combination of salt, onion powder, turmeric and garlic powder.
4. Bake for 15-20 min. Cook to your liking: check the tray with the softer veggies (peppers, zucchini, summer squash) first after 15 minutes. Check the second tray (broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus) after another few minutes – keep checking every 4-5 min until cooked to your liking.
5. Once cooled, put in containers in fridge and you can enjoy them with every meal for the next few days!
Here’s a list of the veggies we buy weekly! Carrots (sliced or the baby ones), celery, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, summer squash, green beans, (sliced) red orange yellow green pepper, asparagus, and yellow onion (diced and sprinkled all around both sheets for extra flavor!)
Take this from someone who doesn’t “enjoy” cooking; who felt they never cooked veggies the “right” way… this is the easiest (and quickest) way to get my #800grams of Vegetables & Fruits in every single day!
#TorqueNutrition #TorqueNation #NutritionCoaching #TorqueHealthandWellness
Want to learn more habits that will last you a lifetime? Book your No-Snack Intro with one of our Nutrition Coaches and we will get you started!